Let’s face it, patchy beards are hardly the height of attraction. It can be frustrating when you’re aiming for a face-full of thick, dense beard, but the hair only aspires to grow in certain places. Who wants bald patches on some areas of their face and full-on hair growth on others? No-one.If you’re currently dealing with a patchy beard issue, luckily, there’s plenty that can be done to fix it naturally. There’s no need to resort to beard implants – which are actually a real thing, by the way – when there are so many kinder, cheaper methods of beard growth.
Let’s get started!
First off, let’s look at why you might have a patchy beard. For some people, it might just be a case of genetics, which you can’t really do much about.
If your own father and grandfather could never grow a decent beard, there’s a good chance you’ll suffer the same fate. You might also have a hormone imbalance, such as a decrease in testosterone, or your patchiness may simply be down to poor diet or stress.
Figuring out the source of the issue might help you to more effectively treat it, especially when it comes to your physical and emotional health.
Now onto the important part. Here are some of the best natural ways to grow your patchy beard into something far more impressive:
1. Wait it out
Like every worthy process, growing a beard takes time and patience. Many people give in with their beard-growing efforts after a week or so because they think there’s no hope for them.
Actually, though, beards grow in a number of stages, and while your beard may look patchy at first, give it some time and it might just pull through. Set yourself a month-long challenge, during which you’re not allowed to shave your beard while it grows. And don’t stress – nobody cares if you have a bit of patchiness during growth!
2. Brush your beard
Why do you think women brush their hair? Aside from getting out the tangles, brushing also adds volume.
While buying your own miniature beard brush might feel a bit silly, it’ll help create a fuller look by lifting hairs to increase the volume or at least the appearance of volume. It’ll also promote blood flow to your skin below the beard, which will encourage faster beard growth.
Obviously, you only need a brush for when you have enough facial hair. Brushing your stubble is a big no.
3. Apply essential oils
Now we’re really getting into the self-care, with essential oils for your beard. Many essential oils treat the skin and hair follicles and enhance healthy beard growth.
They’re one of the best natural, chemical-free options for encouraging your facial hair to get growing. Beard oils have anti-microbial properties and provide deep cleaning, while also making your beard easier to manage.
Not only that, but they also help clear away dead skin cells that itch and may inhibit hair growth.
4. Increase your protein intake
Your diet has a big impact on your hair growth capabilities, and if you want to fix your patchy beard, stocking up on protein is a must. Without protein, your beard doesn’t stand a chance.
This is because protein is made up of keratin, the substance that actually makes up our hair and nails, and is broken down into smaller amino acids. Our bodies can’t produce amino acids on their own, so we need to get them from our food.
If you’re looking to add protein to your diet, choose wisely, and go for fish, lean meats, poultry, and eggs, while saving red meats for one-off occasions only.
5. Hydrate with plenty of water
We all know that drinking lots of water is an all-round healthy habit, but it also has lots of specific beard-growth benefits, including the fact that a properly hydrated body will produce enough moisture to encourage faster growth, resulting in a fuller, thicker beard. Of course, you need to be careful with what you hydrate with – alcohol, for instance, will only dehydrate your body.
6. Get garlicky
Let’s end with a natural method of beard growth that may not be for everyone: garlic. This pungent veggie is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, and keeps beard hair free from dandruff.
The more normal way to use garlic would be to eat it, but you can also rub raw garlic in the balding areas of your beard 2 to 3 times a day. Unsurprisingly, might make your beard take on a funky odour, so make sure you wash it off with a good beard shampoo.
There really is no need to live with a patchy beard if you’d rather grow your beard to its full potential. If expensive beard products aren’t for you, the natural tips mentioned in this video should work a treat. Simply make sure you’re treating your beard with the right amount of attention, and focusing on staying hydrated and eating healthily, and you’ll have a much thicker, fuller beard in no time.
Below are some great patchy beard kit growth kits that have essential oils as mentioned above, if you need that extra help.
- HOW DOES IT WORK? - The 540 titanium needles beard roller creates thousands of microscopic channels and activates the body's natural healing process, increases blood circulation, stimulates sleeping follicles and maximizes oil absorption. The beard growth oil activates your facial hair and boosts your beard growth.
- PATCHY BEARD GROWTH SOLUTION - Tame even the wildest facial forestry with this super-powered formula of potent natural ingredients. Argan Oil, Jojoba, Rosehip, and Calendula each feed your beard and subdue it, making it soft and gentle to the touch.
- REGROW HAIR - We have received examples where people have used The Beard Growth Kit for hair growth on the scalp. Growth Oil contains the active ingredient Capilia Longa, which has been scientifically proven to increase hair growth. Therefore, Growth Oil can work on your scalp.
- NATURAL & EFFECTIVE - Beard Growth Oil and Beard Balm are made of purely natural ingredients and have been tested professionally. The active ingredients can help facial hair growth for men, Beard Balm can be smoothed, straightened and controlled beard, and your looks more attractive.
- BUILD A BETTER BEARD from the follicles up with Alpha Beard Hair Supplement for men. Combining a wealth of hair vitamins for faster hair growth and health, this potent formula promotes beard growth by ensuring that you have proper nutritional support.
- SCIENTIFICALLY FORMULATED with vitamins and minerals that nourish hair cells, Alpha Beard includes collagen, MCT oil, aloe vera, ginseng, MSM, B-Complex, Vitamin E and 10,000 mcg Biotin for hair growth and health. Each bottle contains a 30-day supply of nutritional support.
- INCREASE ELASTICITY and deter breakage of facial hair with Biotin, B-complex and collagen. This reduces patchiness and makes your beard more resilient so you can comb and groom it into the manly shape and fullness that you desire.
- POWERFUL PATENTED MCT OIL by goMCT is high in essential fatty acids carry nutrients and minerals to your beard faster and provides longer-lasting cellular energy. This ensures maximum penetration of our growth formula so you see significant results more quickly.
- Thicker Healthier Beard - Our beard care tool with our amazing beard growth serum can help promote a much thicker, healthier beard! The Skin Roller promotes blood flow to the treatment area, while the Serum provides vitamins and nutrients needed for beard growth.
- Regrow Hair - This product isn't only for beards, but can be used to stimulate hair growth in balding areas or any other desired area.
- Healthier Skin - You can use the beard care tool alone for skincare. It will help with scarring, wrinkles, improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation, rosacea, and sun damage.
- Safe and Painless - Our beard care tool has a 0.3 mm needle size which is the best and safest size for personal home use. The process is painless (you will feel a tingling sensation). Disinfect before use and roll vertically, horizontally, and diagonally on the coverage area about 4 - 5 times before applying our Beard Growth Serum.
- Formulated to help grow facial hair stronger, faster and healthier
- Safe for daily and consistent use to fully reach your bearded potential
- Pair with Wild Willies Wash, Wild Willies Beard Soft Conditioner, Wild Willies Beard Butter and Wild Willies Beard Oil for a full Beard Care Kit
- All our products are Hand Made (just like in the old days) in Georgia-USA. We do NOT use Chemicals, Preservatives, Fragrances, or Colorants in any of our products