You might have heard a bit about Zoflora recently. This handy product has been around for more than 10 years now, but it’s only recently become a must-have kitchen cupboard essential for all the home-hack lovers out there. So, why exactly has the world gone crazy for Zoflora – and what even is it?
Zoflora is a versatile disinfectant that you can use all over the house. It’s concentrated, so you don’t need a lot of it to produce the results you’re looking for. According to its marketing, it can kill 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses, as well as eliminating bad smells with a freshening boost that can supposedly last all day.
There’s so much you can use Zoflora for. Even the advice on the product itself doesn’t go into just how many uses this godsend of a disinfectant has. In fact, pretty much every cleaning job on your list can be handled with Zoflora. You can use it to make a whole heap of cleaning products, including:
- A cloth and bucket solution, by adding 4 capfuls of Zoflora to 1.5 litres of water in a bucket.
- A mop and bucket solution, by adding 4 capfuls of Zoflora to 1.5 litres of water in a bucket.
- A quick-spray solution for surfaces, by adding 1.5 capfuls of Zoflora to a spray bottle and topping up with water.
- A completely undiluted solution, by using 1 capful of Zoflora to clean your drains and toilets.
The thing that really makes Zoflora stand out is its disinfectant abilities. This isn’t just a basic cleaner – as well as removing surface grime and leaving a clean smell, it’ll also kill nearly every single existing bacterium on surfaces and sponges. This makes it great for use on really dirty areas around the home.
If you’ve recently bought a bottle of Zoflora and you need some inspiration on how to use it, we’ve covered a list of 20 uses of the product to keep you busy in your place of self-isolation.
1. Use it to clean your smelly shoes
There’s nothing worse than the stench of smelly shoes, and if you leave them untouched, they’ll gradually stink out your whole home. Combat the issue by adding a few drops of Zoflora to a piece of kitchen roll.
Place this inside your offending smelly shoes and press down. Leave the roll inside the shoes to dry overnight, and by the next morning, you’ll be met with a drastic improvement in smell. You can also use this kitchen roll hack inside your kitchen bins to freshen them up too.
2. Spritz it on your welcome mat
Nothing gives a better first impression than a bit of attention to scent in your front hallway. Make a diluted Zoflora solution and spritz it on your welcome mat and all-around your doorframe, then leave it to dry.
If you want to take this a step further, you can create an entire sensory experience in your home by using a different Zoflora scent for cleaning in each room.
3. Use it on your coffee table
There are plenty of ways to use Zoflora in your living room, including on your coffee table. Simply wipe coffee stains off your tables with some diluted Zoflora and a cloth. Not only will you clean up the mess, but you’ll also be left with a refreshing scent and a shiny surface. Just make sure not to use Zoflora on polished wood, as it could damage the surface.
4. Wipe out your kitchen bins
If your kitchen bins constantly stink, you can sort the issue out semi-permanently with a bit of Zoflora. First, empty your waste and recycling bin out, then using a cloth and bucket containing diluted Zoflora, wipe them inside and out.
Make sure you don’t forget about the lid! You can also keep your rubbish bin smelling fresh every day by spraying a diluted solution of Zoflora onto the contents of the bin itself.
5. Clean up your patio
You don’t always have to resort to expensive jet-washing to get your patio looking brand-new once more. Zoflora can be used to clean your outdoor space, and your patio area can benefit from it the most.
Just make up a bucket of diluted Zoflora and pour it over the patio. Scrub the area with a broom, then leave to dry naturally.
6. Freshen up your mattress
Accidents happen, and luckily, there are ways to quickly and simply resolve them. No matter what stain you’re trying to remove from your mattress, spraying diluted Zoflora onto the stain in question should help to remove bad odours and get rid of any lingering bacteria. Just leave to dry and repeat once more if necessary.
7. Disinfect your toilet brush
If you’ve ever stopped to think about just how many germs are on your toilet brush, you’ve probably thrown it away right there and then. There’s no need to do that, though, as you can save money and let it sit in a bucket of diluted Zoflora for a few hours to completely disinfect it and leave it smelling fresh.
8. Make your shower bacteria-free
Your shower area might look nice and clean to you, but in reality, damp places are full of bacteria that are too small for the eye to see. To get rid of your shower’s bacteria, spray the area with a diluted Zoflora solution and wipe it down with a cloth. Then, for good measure, remove your showerhead and soak in a bucket of diluted Zoflora.
9. Disinfect your gadgets
Gadgets like remote controls and keyboards are handled by us every day, so it’s easy for bacteria to build up on their surfaces over time. Clean them off by spraying a small amount of diluted Zoflora onto a piece of kitchen roll or a cloth, then using it to carefully wipe the surface, making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies.
Just make sure the cloth isn’t dripping wet, and don’t use the solution on phone or tablet screens.
- RUBBERMAID SPIN MOP AND BUCKET SET INCLUDES: Collapsible handle, mop head frame, one microfiber mop head, and an easy-wringing mop bucket
- MICROFIBER: Cleans away 99% of Dust and Allergens
- RE-USABLE: Microfiber pad is machine washable up to 50 plus times
- CONTINUOUS CLEAN: Bucket system has scrubbing panels to remove dirt from mop pad
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: Primal Defense 15 billion CFU probiotic supplement contains Lactobaccilus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria, and other strains to maximize the benefits of a healthy diet, boost nutrient absorption, relieve constipation and support digestive health
- SOIL BASED PROBIOTICS: The only shelf stable probiotic powder formula containing a unique whole food blend with Homeostatic Soil Organisms (HSO)
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: This dietary supplement has 15 billion CFU and 13 hardy beneficial strains for immune system health. Supports normal digestion of dairy products.Soy free
- COLON HEALTH SUPPORT: These probiotics for constipation promote regular, healthy and comfortable bowel movements
- Our Orange Oil is a professional concentrate that dilutes down to 6 gallons of ready to use Cleaner, Degreaser & Pet Odor Eliminator
- This is an easy to use professional product that contains no bleach, ammonia or chlorine
- Three all Natural Ingredients: D-Limonene that is an extreme solvent and degreaser Surfactant added to enhance cleaning & complete the emulsion process Cold Pressed Orange oil added for odor neutralization & fragrance
- Cleaning and Degreasing: add concentrate to your spray bottle, add directed amount of water, secure cap, shake and get to work! Dilution rates for cleaning & degreasing product: 2oz of orange oil to 1 gallon of water. To make a ready to use Quart, simply add a half ounce of our orange oil to 32oz of water
- The Pink Stuff Ultimate Bundle - Built For Whole Home Cleaning
- (1) Miracle Cleaning Paste (1) Multi-purpose Cleaner (1) Bathroom Foam Cleaner (1) Cream Cleaner
- Our Versatile multipurpose Cleaner Spray Is Tough On Stains Leaving Shiny Clean Results.
- Non Drip Bathroom Foam Cleaner, Clings To Surfaces, Removes Dirt And Prevents Limescale.
10. Clean out your fridge
The fridge is the number one place you don’t want bacteria to thrive in. To kill bacteria and get rid of any horrific fridge odours in one, empty out your fridge, then use a cloth and diluted solution of Zoflora to wipe down the appliance inside and out.
Take out the shelves and rinse them with clean water before putting food back in the fridge.
11. Give your fake flowers a new lease of life
Fake flowers look beautiful at first, but it’s not long before they start to look droopy, dusty and tired. One clever way to bring fake flowers to life is to spray them with a diluted solution of Zoflora. There are hundreds of Zoflora scents to choose from, but the bouquet scent would be the most realistic in this situation!
12. Wipe down your countertops
In some cases, your kitchen can be just as much of a bacteria hotbed as your bathroom. Keep your surfaces clean and safe to prepare food on by spraying them with a diluted solution of Zoflora and wiping them down with a cloth. Just don't use it on your chopping boards, as the scents from the formula can taint your food.
13. Clean out your cupboards
If it’s been a long time since you’ve deep cleaned your cupboards, they’re most likely littered with all sorts of things that shouldn’t be there. Next time you have a bit of time on your hands, empty out your cupboards completely and use a spray bottle filled with diluted Zoflora to wipe them down, inside and out – and don't forget the handles!
14. Disinfect your sponges
Sponges are full of bacteria, and thinking about this while you’re using one to wash your dishes is a little bit horrifying. Rather than buying a new sponge after every use, simply disinfect it with Zoflora and it’ll be good to go again.
Run hot water into your kitchen sink and add 1 capful of Zoflora, Add your kitchen sponge, plus any other cloths that need disinfecting, then leave them to soak overnight. As an added bonus, you’ll wake up to a fragrant home.
15. Get rid of bacteria in your nappy bins
If you have kids, this one is a hack for you. In the same way that you can use Zoflora to disinfect normal bins, nappy bins need cleaning too. Empty your nappy bin, then wipe it down on the inside and out with diluted Zoflora and a cloth to get rid of any bacteria.
16. Clean your entire nursery
Zoflora is safe to use in a nursery, which means there are endless possibilities for what you could do with it in there. To start with, you can use Zoflora to keep your toddler's potty fresh with regular disinfecting. Just empty the potty and clean it with diluted Zoflora.
You can also spray diluted Zoflora onto your baby’s changing mat and wipe it with a cloth.
17. Disinfect your toilet
Trying to fight your toilet’s stench can sometimes feel like a battle you’ll never win. Luckily, when you’re armed with Zoflora, you’ll be able to make not only your toilet but your whole bathroom smell amazing.
Just pour undiluted Zoflora into the toilet bowl and use the toilet brush to spread it around the bowl. Leave it for as long as possible before you flush.
18. Freshen up your laundry
There really are no ends to Zoflora’s capabilities – you can even use it to make your laundry smell heavenly. To do this, you need to focus on your washing machine. Give it a thorough clean by wiping down the outside with a cloth and diluted Zoflora, then clean the inside of the machine by pouring 1 capful into the machine and running a hot cycle.
19. Clean your outdoor wheelie bins
The outdoor wheelie bin is well-known for its gag-worthy scent. The only way to keep this at bay is to clean it regularly – and Zoflora is a good solution to use.
Make up a bucket of diluted Zoflora and pour it into your bin, making sure all the sides get covered evenly. Then wipe inside with a long-handled mop, and do the same on the outside, lid, and handles using a cloth soaked in diluted Zoflora.
20. Get rid of pet smells
Dogs are adorable, but they carry an unpleasant odour that can get into your furniture and make your whole home smell. You can mask this pong by spraying your surfaces with diluted Zoflora. For particularly smelly pet blankets, simply place them in the washing machine and add 2 capfuls of Zoflora to the drum, then wash on a regular cycle.
If you didn’t already believe that Zoflora was a miracle versatile cleaner, perhaps your opinion has changed now! Just remember, you should always leave Zoflora to dry, or wipe it away with a cloth, before touching, sitting on, or preparing food on an area. If you wish to purchase Zoflora then No products found.