Chia seeds are tiny black seeds derived from a native American flowering plant called the Salvia hispanica. They’re favoured for their nutty, slightly earthy flavour, which makes them great for adding to a number of sweet and savoury dishes. The reason why chia seeds are so popular today, however, is more down to their endless health properties than their taste.Chia seeds are full of important nutrients and are thought to reduce inflammation, prevent cancer, aid in digestion, promote healthy hair and skin, treat joint pain, and remove toxins from the body, to name just a few of their benefits. Chia seeds have also proved incredibly promising in promoting weight loss.
Weight Loss Benefits of Chia Seeds
The main reason why chia seeds can assist in weight loss is that while a small serving of them is relatively low in calories, they’re high in fibre and protein, which can help you keep you fuller for longer. This means that when you start your day with chia seeds, you’re less likely to hit a mid-morning energy slump and reach for the first high-sugar snack you come across. Simply put, chia seeds can help you to lose weight by enabling you to eat less food.
Using Chia Seeds for Weight Loss
There are many ways to include chia seeds in your diet for their weight loss benefits. Keep in mind that you don’t want to overdo it – just a sprinkle of the seeds is enough to have a positive effect on your body. You could add chia seeds to your daily diet by:
Sprinkling the seeds onto your breakfast cereal, porridge, or yogurt.
They’ll add a nice crunch to your meal and complement the flavour of the foods in your bowl. Thanks to their healthy fats and fibre content, they’ll help keep your energy levels sky-high well into the early afternoon.
Adding a spoonful chia seeds into your morning smoothie.
This is an option if you’re not a fan of the texture or taste of the seeds, as they’ll virtually be eliminated in the blender. Since the seeds will absorb some of the liquid from the other ingredients, like water and milk, they can help your smoothie keep you fuller for longer.
Sprinkling the seeds on top of a salad or stir fry to introduce a new flavour to your food.
Chia seeds make a far better topping than croutons as they deliver the crunch you crave without excess calories, saturated fat, and chemicals. You can also whip up a salad dressing featuring chia seeds. Simply add the seeds to your go-to dressing recipe and let it soak for ten minutes before squeezing onto your salad.
Making chia water by mixing a teaspoon of chia seeds with a tall glass of water and letting it sit for 20 minutes before drinking.
If you're looking for something with a more interesting flavour, create a concoction called chia fresca by combining one cup of water with one tablespoon of chia seeds, two tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice, and two teaspoons of honey. Let the seeds soak overnight and drink the next morning.
Adding them to homemade protein bites.
There’s no reason to cut out all the sweet stuff when trying to lose weight, and protein balls containing seeds, raw oats, nut butter, dark chocolate, and fruit are a great healthier snack alternative. Mix a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds into your recipe to give a satisfying crunch without affecting flavour.
Making chia seed peanut butter by adding a few spoonfuls of the seeds into your shop-bought or homemade nut butter.
This is a simple way to add some omega-3s into your diet if you're not a big fan of fatty fish or other sources of the nutrient.
- NUTRIENT POWER: This omega powerhouse is full of other useful nutrients that will help men and women live a better life. In every serving of our chia seeds, you’ll find many nutrients, including omega-3, and fiber, making it a great bonus to any protein shake or juice. Because it is flavor neutral, you can add it to drinks and shakes of all flavors without them clashing.
- SIMPLY ORGANIC: Our Organic Chia Seeds are gluten-free, nut-free, low-carb, non-GMO, making them a great addition to your pantry, no matter your dietary restrictions. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, eating Keto or Paleo, or following another strict food regiment, you can easily incorporate this nutritious seed into your diet.
- WITH OMEGA-3 & MORE: Chia seeds are loaded with 5350mg of omega-3, 10g of fiber, which is 7% of the DV recommended amount for fiber! In the ancient Mayan language, the word “chia” meant strength, so the name speaks for itself. Our Organic Chia Seeds can also be used as an egg replacement in any meal! Simply mix 1 tbs. of chia seeds with 3 tbs. of water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- FLAVOR NEUTRAL FAVORITE: Chia seeds are a kitchen essential that many people don’t know about. You can add chia seeds to just about any food without having to worry about it upsetting the flavor of your dish. Because they are tasteless, you can use chia seeds to add texture to your food without drowning out the original flavor of your dish.
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Rich source of protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and fiber. Can be consumed and digested whole.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: An ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT: Add a healthful gourmet flair to salads, snacks, soups, and baked goods, or soak them for a satisfying pudding or gel.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest chia seeds and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet. We test our chia seeds beyond organic standards to deliver the best available.
- HEALTH GAIN FACTOR : In addition to its impressive nutritional profile, chia Seeds are rich in fiber and help in keeping your hunger at bay for longer. They are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and also contain a good amount of protein which a good news for vegetarians looking to add more protein to their diet.
- FEEL GOOD FACTOR : Chia seeds have a mild, nutty flavor. Raw, they can be sprinkled on cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, or smoothies. They can also be eaten cooked, added to baked goods like bread and muffins. You can reap the benfits of this superfood in various forms. Add it to your curd, blend it into a smoothie, or eat a chia pudding, these seeds are versatile and can be incorporated into your daily meal plan with utmost ease.
- QUALITY FACTOR : Orgrain India aims to give you a product of the top-notch quality with the most natural taste. Our offerings have no artificial additives and are free of preservatives so as to benefit our consumers.
- Why Orgrain India Chia Seeds? - Orgrain India is offering the premium grade original chia seeds which are rich in Omega 3. The original chia seeds need 10 - 15 minutes to get the semi gel formation. We are offering the original premium chia seeds to get the entire benefits of the product.
- Potent chia seed oil - Our 500 mg chia seed oil supplement is an easy way to add this amazing superfood to your diet. A herbal alternative to fish oil, chia seed oil is one of the most nutritious and beneficial foods you can have.
- Weight loss - Chia seed oil contains plenty of omega 3 fatty acids and protein to help you lose weight faster. It also has soluble fiber to act as an appetite suppressant. Boost metabolism and burn body fat to enjoy healthy slimming results.
- Antioxidant rich - Chia seed oil capsules are naturally rich in antioxidants and nutrients to fight signs of aging and raise endurance. Look and feel more youthful as you take our extra strength chia seed oil formula every day.
- Boost energy levels - Feel more energetic with chia seed oil pills for men and women - these amazing energy boosters are a great workout supplement packed with vitamins and amino acids needed by the body to perform at its best.
Side Effects of Chia Seeds for Weight Loss
Chia seeds are incredibly nutritious and beneficial to eat, but ingesting too many of them can cause some pretty unpleasant side effects in the digestive system. Because chia seeds are an incredible source of fibre, offering 11 grams of fibre in each 28-gram serving, it’s easy to overdo it on the fibre intake by eating just a tablespoon too many chia seeds.
Too much fibre can cause a number of issues, including bloating, stomach pain, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. This is more likely to occur if you’re also dehydrated, as fibre relies on good water intake to pass quickly through the digestive system.
Another smaller risk of chia seeds is their potential to cause choking. This is because when the seeds mix with water, they swell up, absorbing about ten to twelve times their weight in liquid. Always be careful to consume chia seeds carefully, to prevent them from swelling up and lodging in your throat.
Chia seeds have switched from trendy to mainstream, and when you look at their endless health benefits, it’s unsurprising that so many of us have jumped on the chia seed bandwagon. You can purchase chia seeds from your local supermarket or health store, or buy them in bulk online. They’re incredibly easy to add to your diet, and if you use them sensibly, there’s evidence to suggest that they can assist in weight loss.