Over the years, certain products have earned a place in the medicine cabinet; regardless of what happens, you can always ensure space for the trusty sidekicks. Among many others in this list, Vicks VapoRub holds a place for many because it has the main use of clearing chest congestion. However, as we’re going to discover today, it does more than just clear your chest. After learning of its many uses and benefits vicks, you’ll never want to be without it again!
Check out this video for more information or read below..........
1. Insect Repellent - To start this list, we thought we’d go with something out of the ordinary; did you know that Vicks VapoRub will repel insects? Thanks to the cedar leaf oil it contains, the product can be dabbed onto your clothes and even your ears, elbows, knees, and neck before heading outside on a sunny day. While the smell isn't too strong for us, the menthol will keep all bugs and critters away. If you enjoy camping trips, it can also be used for bug bites because it relieves itching.
2. Headache Removal - Of all the pains we experience in life, the dull ache in the forehead has to be one of the most frustrating. Normally coming from nowhere to ruin our day, headaches can actually be alleviated by applying Vicks VapoRub under the nose. As you breathe in deeply, the menthol should get to work and clear any problems.
3. Instant Tears - Admittedly, this isn't going to be for everybody but professional actors/actresses actually use Vicks VapoRub if they need to cry for a photoshoot or stage performance; a little under the eyes will allow a tear or two.
4. Relief from Bruising - If you’ve noticed the early stages of a bruise, combine the Vicks VapoRub with some salt and the mixture should prevent an ugly purple wound from developing.
5. Furniture Savior - If you own a cat and they like to scratch on things, some VapoRub will work wonders here because your cat won’t like the smell. Whether it’s a wall or a door, you can increase their life by deterring your feline friend..
6. Aromatherapy Solution - If you want to transmit a beautiful scent into the air, make sure you have some Vicks added to your air freshener and it’ll soon circulate around the whole room. If you’re ill or experiencing chest congestion, this is a great way to turn the environment in your favor. You can purchase a vicks humidifier here.
7. Acne Prevention - At first, you might laugh a little and then click away but this is a serious suggestion. If you apply Vicks VapoRub to acne, it will soon dry and soothe the skin (only when applied numerous times in a day!).
8. Wound Treatment - Of course, we have the likes of Neosporin to deal with splinters and cuts but what if you run out? Well, this is where Vicks comes in because it should speed up the healing process while preventing access for bacteria and germs.
WHERE TO BUY PETROLEUM JELLY
9. Earache Soothing - Along with a headache, an earache is another pain we could do without. Assuming your earache is caused by a common cold, you can ease pain with a Vicks VapoRub cotton ball. As you rub the cotton ball around in your ear a little, the Vicks should start easing the pain.
10. Squeak Removal - Do you have a door that always squeaks when opening or closing? If so, Vicks VapoRub often works as an emergency replacement for oil.
11. Eczema Treatment - After applying Vicks to the affected area, many people find relief and a reduction in inflammation.
12. Cracked Heel Cure - Especially during the winter, dryness is common for both the hands and heels. Over time, the skin begins to crack and this causes pain and discomfort. With VapoRub, we have a product that will hydrate the skin and therefore prevent/fix cracking; make sure you cover with a bandage after applying.
13. Toenail Fungus Solution - As well as not looking too nice, nail fungus will quickly infect the toes thus causing discoloration and thickening. With the latter, the nail is pushed further and further away from the toes until it falls away. In recent years, scientists have experimented with numerous solutions only to find VapoRub as the ideal one thanks to the thymol it contains.
Before applying, wash and dry your feet extensively. From here, try to get into every crack and corner (and even under the nail, if possible!). As long as you apply a band aid to keep the toe clean each time, you should see results in a minimum of ten days.
14. Tennis Elbow Treatment - Since Vicks contains both menthol and camphor, it can be a very good treatment for tennis elbow. As long as you work with the doctor and possibly a therapist to deal with the underlying cause, the VapoRub works as a topical analgesic and this means the minor aches should be removed in the short-term.
15. Burn Soothing - If you recently burned yourself from the steam of cooking vegetables, for example, the first step should always be to run it under cold water but then relief can be gained from Vicks.
16. Moisturizer - Quick and simple, Vicks works as a moisturizer for your skin if you don’t have anything else in the house.
17. Wart Removal - After applying some Vicks VapoRub to the affected area, cover with a bandage or band aid and then place your sock over the top. If you can apply it once or twice a day for the next two weeks, the wart should disappear.
18. Lip Plumper - Nowadays, many people apply VapoRub to the lips because it has so many benefits. With the menthol, it should make them feel softer while also making them look thicker. Of course, the petroleum jelly will keep them moisturized; this being said, it isn't a solution for dry lips because this can cause irritation.
19. Covering Smells - On a day-to-day basis, there are many unpleasant smells that can occur from a baby’s diaper to removing the trash. While holding our breath works in the short-term, it doesn’t help with removing the smell in the long-term. With a combination of the Vicks air freshener we discussed previously and a little applied under the nose, you’ll be immune to all those nasty scents.
20. Aching Muscles - After working out, it isn't long before the trained muscles start to ache (the next day is always difficult after ‘leg day’!). To remove the aching somewhat, a layer of Vicks applied with a warm towel will relieve pain and improve recovery; this is something many sportspeople do after an event.
Best Buys for Vicks
21. Focus Racehorses - Often, racehorses can get distracted by the smell of mares so a little Vicks under the nostrils of your horse will keep them focused for the run ahead.
22. Stretch Mark Fader - If you don’t feel confident when your stretch marks are on show, the regular application of Vicks VapoRub can help and you should see a difference within a couple of weeks.
23. Fat Burning? - Why the question mark? Well, this is actually a little controversial but some people swear by the use of Vicks to reduce cellulite in the legs and stomach. Essentially, they create a mixture of Vicks (camphor), alcohol, and baking soda before then applying the cream-like result and covering with cling film.
24. Infection Prevention - As we saw earlier, Vicks is useful when treating splinters and cuts but it applies to most wounds where infection is a likely problem.
25. Shower Bomb - Just recently, there has been several commercials for the so-called ‘shower disks’ containing Vicks VapoRub and this is something else people seem to love. After placing the disk in the shower, the vapors should aid any sniffling or cold you’ve been experiencing; the steam combines with the Vicks to help your sinuses.
26. Pee Prevention for Pets - Finally, having an open bottle of this product near rugs and mats should deter your pets which means you won’t have to walk in to find a wet rug where they’ve decided to pee.
There we have it, the uses, benefits, and secrets of Vicks VapoRub! Before we let you get back to your day, we should first state that Vicks contains levomenthol which is a mint-like substance. If you read that Vicks VapoRub shouldn't be used because of this ingredient, we urge you to ignore it because this ingredient can only cause rashes and other issues when used alone. Since Vicks has eucalyptus oil, this negates the power of the levomenthol and makes it safe to use.
We bet your medicine cabinet will never be free from Vicks VapoRub now!
If you want to buy Vicks Vapourub you can purchase it here