What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar, or cider vinegar, is vinegar made, as the name suggests, from fermented apple juice. To produce apple cider vinegar, apples are first crushed and then squeezed to emit their juices.
When yeast is added to the apple juice, the sugar ferments to produce alcohol – hence the name “cider”. A special strain of bacteria is then used to turn the alcohol into acetic acid, which is what gives the vinegar its distinctive taste and smell.
How does apple cider vinegar treat warts?
There are many over-the-counter treatments available for warts, but it’s embarrassing, and not always necessary, to seek medical help for the issue. If your warts have only just appeared, you might want to consider saving the cost of a GP-prescribed medication and try out apple cider vinegar as a home remedy first.
We don’t yet know the effectiveness of apple cider in treating warts, but there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that it shows promise. It’s thought that the acidic properties of apple cider vinegar can destroy the wart tissue in the same way that salicylic acid, a popular wart treatment medication, does.
If we look more generally at vinegar, studies have found that it can kill a number of types of bacteria. One study even found that vinegar can fight against the bacteria that cause E-Coli.While more research is needed into how apple cider vinegar may specifically fight bacteria, it’s easy to see why many people have seen success using the kitchen staple as a home remedy in the past.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat warts
- Take out your bottle of apple cider vinegar, some cotton buds, and a bandage or dressing.
- Open your apple cider vinegar and carefully tip it onto your cotton bud until the bud has become fully soaked with vinegar.
- Apply the cotton bud to the affected area. Wrap the bandage around the area, holding the cotton bud in place. Leave it on for as long as possible for the best effects. If it’s easier, leave it on overnight while you’re asleep.
- Remove the cotton ball and gently dab the area with clean water. Then replace the cotton bud with a fresh, vinegar-soaked bud and repeat the process the next night.
- Continue the process for as long as it takes for the wart to fully fall off. It may take 1 to 2 weeks before this happens, so you’ll need to be patient.
- Once your wart has fallen off, continue to use the cotton buds for another 2 to 3 days to prevent any skin cells responsible for previous warts to produce a wart elsewhere.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar for warts
The biggest benefit of apple cider vinegar for warts is that it’s an entirely natural home remedy. If you’d rather avoid over-the-counter medications, apple cider vinegar offers a simpler solution. It’s also the sort of product that most of us have in our kitchen cupboards, meaning you won’t need to pay a penny to use it.
- FAST-ACTING WART REMOVER - Our unique combination of salicylic acid and essential oils like tea tree and cedar leaf oil attacks each wart within minutes of application. A wart will begin to die within 1-2 days of initial application of the liquid and with consistent treatment, most warts will be eliminated within 2 weeks.
- LIQUID GEL – Our delivery mechanism is a slightly viscous gel which clings to the wart while absorbing into the surrounding tissue to start working immediately!
- 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We think Warticide is a terrific product but if you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, please contact our support team for a full refund.
- HOW TO USE - Simply unscrew the top and fill the dropper tip with liquid. Once full, apply Warticide to the wart or warts until the infected area is lightly covered with gel. Gently work Warticide into the wart with a finger and then wash hands after application is finished. Allow 3-4 minutes for the solution to absorb.
- Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free & Gelatine-free: Each bottle of Goli contains 60 delicious vegan, non-gmo, gluten-free & gelatine free Apple Cider gummies. Our formula will make Apple Cider Vinegar gummies accessible to anyone and everyone.
- Better digestion, more energy, clearer skin, detox, immunity: Relieve digestion issues, experience more energy, watch your skin clear up and feel as your body detoxes with Goli Gummies. Enjoy all of the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar without the downside of drinking it. Goli is an excellent and easy way to incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar into your daily routine.
- Made in USA: with select ingredients thoughtfully curated from around the world. All Goli products are made in allergen-free state of the art facilities in the United States to ensure that the quality of our product is the highest it can be.
- Real apples, vitamin packed, great taste: Made with real apples, beetroot and pomegranate, Goli Gummies are as delicious as they are good for you. Our vegan friendly formula is packed with Vitamin B12 and B9 that will help improve energy, support healthy skin and so much more.
- Effective Plantar Wart Remover and Common Wart Remover – Backed by decades of wart removal experience, WartStick helps gently diminish and remove warts on feet, fingers, hands, toes, and skin with maximum strength 40% salicylic acid
- Painless and Odorless Removal – Our wart remover does not have the unpleasant smell of liquids. Unlike freeze wart removers that can cause discomfort, it is painless to use so is an ideal wart remover for kids
- Optimized for Multiple Applications – Superior to bandage wart removers with only 10-25 “one size fits all” uses, our wart remover stick typically has at least 35 applications that can be customized for tiny warts on fingers, or large plantar warts on feet
- Fast and Efficient Process – Once applied, WartStick wart remover starts working fast to get to the root of the wart and make it disappear. The unique waxy formula adheres to the wart surface better than messy liquids and gently peels away the wart.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- WILSON MD, SCOTT (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 48 Pages - 10/26/2020 (Publication Date)
Side effects of apple cider vinegar for warts
Apple cider vinegar might have proven to be an effective home remedy for removing warts, but it doesn’t come without its side effects. For starters, you’ll need to be comfortable with your wart displaying several unpleasant signs that the vinegar is doing its job during your 1 to 2 weeks of cotton bud application.
Expect your wart to turn black, which is a sign that the skin cells around the area are dying. Don’t be alarmed – this is what is supposed to happen before the wart falls off.
You should also be aware that even though apple cider vinegar is only a mild form of acid, it’s still an acid. This means that it may cause burning or visible damage to your skin. Don’t apply apple cider vinegar to sensitive areas of your body, like your genitals or your face.
In more serious cases, applying apple cider vinegar to your skin might lead to more serious damage, like bleeding, cracked, open areas of skin, severe pain, and significant swelling. If you experience any of these side effects while using apple cider vinegar on your warts, stop treatment immediately, rinse the area thoroughly, and visit your doctor at the next available chance.
As a mild, at-home wart treatment, apple cider vinegar might be the answer you didn’t know you were looking for. If your warts aren’t going away in their own time, it’s worth using apple cider vinegar to banish them as quickly as possible.