What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar, or cider vinegar, is vinegar made, as the name suggests, from fermented apple juice. To produce apple cider vinegar, apples are first crushed and then squeezed to emit their juices.
When yeast is added to the apple juice, the sugar ferments to produce alcohol – hence the name “cider”. A special strain of bacteria is then used to turn the alcohol into acetic acid, which is what gives the vinegar its distinctive taste and smell.
How does apple cider vinegar treat warts?
There are many over-the-counter treatments available for warts, but it’s embarrassing, and not always necessary, to seek medical help for the issue. If your warts have only just appeared, you might want to consider saving the cost of a GP-prescribed medication and try out apple cider vinegar as a home remedy first.
We don’t yet know the effectiveness of apple cider in treating warts, but there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that it shows promise. It’s thought that the acidic properties of apple cider vinegar can destroy the wart tissue in the same way that salicylic acid, a popular wart treatment medication, does.
If we look more generally at vinegar, studies have found that it can kill a number of types of bacteria. One study even found that vinegar can fight against the bacteria that cause E-Coli.While more research is needed into how apple cider vinegar may specifically fight bacteria, it’s easy to see why many people have seen success using the kitchen staple as a home remedy in the past.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat warts
- Take out your bottle of apple cider vinegar, some cotton buds, and a bandage or dressing.
- Open your apple cider vinegar and carefully tip it onto your cotton bud until the bud has become fully soaked with vinegar.
- Apply the cotton bud to the affected area. Wrap the bandage around the area, holding the cotton bud in place. Leave it on for as long as possible for the best effects. If it’s easier, leave it on overnight while you’re asleep.
- Remove the cotton ball and gently dab the area with clean water. Then replace the cotton bud with a fresh, vinegar-soaked bud and repeat the process the next night.
- Continue the process for as long as it takes for the wart to fully fall off. It may take 1 to 2 weeks before this happens, so you’ll need to be patient.
- Once your wart has fallen off, continue to use the cotton buds for another 2 to 3 days to prevent any skin cells responsible for previous warts to produce a wart elsewhere.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar for warts
The biggest benefit of apple cider vinegar for warts is that it’s an entirely natural home remedy. If you’d rather avoid over-the-counter medications, apple cider vinegar offers a simpler solution. It’s also the sort of product that most of us have in our kitchen cupboards, meaning you won’t need to pay a penny to use it.
- NATURALLY ATTACK OCCASIONAL WARTS: The name says it all, No More Warts is a KidSafe, Synergy blend designed to help eliminate warts. The natural, gentle formula is effective for warts such as: Common, Plantar, Flat and may help with Molluscum Contagiosum. Specifically formulated for kids ages 2-10.
- 100% PURE WITH NO ADDITIVES OR FILLERS: Toss away the salicylic acid and freeze wart remover and go the all-natural route! No More Warts essential oil is a blend of Lemon, Cypress, Marjoram Sweet and Tea Tree diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil. To battle warts apply to the wart(s) 2-3 times a day.
- BATCH SPECIFIC GC-MS REPORTS ON EVERY OIL: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of testing including organoleptic testing and multiple rounds of GC-MS testing by several third-party laboratories.
- HIGH-QUALITY AFFORDABLE ESSENTIAL OILS: At Plant Therapy our goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as we possibly can, by selling such a high quality product at an affordable price. Be confident knowing you are purchasing quality oils at direct-to-consumer prices.
- Powerfully penetrates to effectively remove common warts, plantar warts, flat warts, genital warts, and other viral infections on the skin.
- Quick results in as fast as 3 days! Because of the powerful formula, our wart remover works fast, giving you the optimum results in a short period of time.
- Natural formula with plant extracts ensures that you are getting the most gentle and non-invasive treatment for your warts.
- Easy application gives you the utmost convenience. Just apply twice a day and see your wart fall off!
- Naturally Attack Occasional Warts: The name says it all, No More Warts is a KidSafe, Synergy blend designed to help eliminate warts. The natural, gentle formula is effective for warts such as: Common, Plantar, Flat and may help with Molluscum Contagiosum. Specifically formulated for kids ages 2-10.
- 100% Pure With No Additives or Fillers: Toss away the salicylic acid and freeze wart remover and go the all-natural route! No More Warts essential oil is a blend of Lemon, Cypress, Marjoram Sweet and Tea Tree. To battle warts, dilute 50% in a carrier oil and apply to the wart(s) 2-3 times a day.
- Batch Specific GC-MS Reports on Every Oil: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of testing including organoleptic testing and multiple rounds of GC-MS testing by several third-party laboratories.
- High-Quality Affordable Essential OIls: At Plant Therapy our goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as we possibly can, by selling such a high quality product at an affordable price. Be confident knowing you are purchasing quality oils at direct-to-consumer prices.
- for Soft, Smooth Feet: Professional foot pumice sponge to remove calluses and corn dead skin for soft, healthy, smooth feets and heels, as well as hands and elbows
- Superior to Stone: Unlike pumice stones, glass stones, our custom synthetic pumice sponge boasts a uniform structure for consistent effectiveness in removing dirt and tough calluses
- Ideal Gift Set: Individually wrapped for best foot pedi gift, best pedicure treatment to calloused feet/heels/hands
- Pedicure Feet At Home: Save time and money, enjoy your foot spa-like experience at home by using Maryton pumice sponge for feet products
Side effects of apple cider vinegar for warts
Apple cider vinegar might have proven to be an effective home remedy for removing warts, but it doesn’t come without its side effects. For starters, you’ll need to be comfortable with your wart displaying several unpleasant signs that the vinegar is doing its job during your 1 to 2 weeks of cotton bud application.
Expect your wart to turn black, which is a sign that the skin cells around the area are dying. Don’t be alarmed – this is what is supposed to happen before the wart falls off.
You should also be aware that even though apple cider vinegar is only a mild form of acid, it’s still an acid. This means that it may cause burning or visible damage to your skin. Don’t apply apple cider vinegar to sensitive areas of your body, like your genitals or your face.
In more serious cases, applying apple cider vinegar to your skin might lead to more serious damage, like bleeding, cracked, open areas of skin, severe pain, and significant swelling. If you experience any of these side effects while using apple cider vinegar on your warts, stop treatment immediately, rinse the area thoroughly, and visit your doctor at the next available chance.
As a mild, at-home wart treatment, apple cider vinegar might be the answer you didn’t know you were looking for. If your warts aren’t going away in their own time, it’s worth using apple cider vinegar to banish them as quickly as possible.