Apple cider vinegar is a common type of vinegar made from fermented apple juice. It’s mainly used for culinary purposes and is a popular choice for including in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrettes, food preservatives, and chutneys. As the name suggests, this type of vinegar is made by crushing apples, then squeezing out the juice.In recent years, apple cider vinegar has become well-known for its use in the natural health community. Not only can it be used for a number of household cleaning purposes, but it’s also an incredible home remedy for all number of health ailments. One of the more popular uses of apple cider vinegar is as a face treatment for acne, dark spots, and other facial blemishes.
How apple cider vinegar treats the face
Apple cider vinegar naturally has an acidic pH, which makes it useful in balancing the pH of the outer skin layer. As a vinegar, it contains acetic acid, which has beneficial antibacterial and keratolytic properties. It also contains malic acid, which is considered a gentle chemical exfoliant.
The properties of apple cider vinegar are thought to provide the following skin benefits:
1. Balances the skin's pH
Experts think that apple cider vinegar can help balance the pH of the outer skin layer, which helps keep your skin functioning optimally. Skin with a balanced pH will produce the right amount of oil and prevent the onset of acne-causing bacteria.
2. Improves hyperpigmentation
The malic acid in apple cider vinegar is thought to be helpful for resolving common hyperpigmentation issues, like dark spots. Malic acid can decrease the production of melanin, which is what gives skin its pigmentation and can lead to dark spots.
3. Eliminates blackheads
Apple cider vinegar is most well-known in the natural health sphere for its anti-bacterial assets and is particularly effective when mixed with baking soda and water to exfoliate and help diminish blackheads.
As we already know, apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, which works well on acne-prone skin as a gentle exfoliation ingredient. Malic acid is thought to unclog the pores and eliminate bacteria that are often responsible for acne outbreaks.
Using apple cider vinegar as a face treatment
If you’re a fan of DIY skincare recipes, you’ll be happy to know that there are a whole host of recipes that use apple cider vinegar as a key ingredient. A few of the ways to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your homemade face products include:
Make an apple cider vinegar face wash
We all know the importance of daily face-washing – it can help to prevent oil, dirt, and other pollutants from building up on the skin’s surface. Using an apple cider vinegar facial cleanser is an effective way to cleanse the skin of bacteria and debris.
To make your own apple cider vinegar face cleanser, combine a quarter cup of liquid castile soap with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Castile soap is known to be gentle on the skin, allowing you to wash and tone your face without any added harsh chemicals.
Create an apple cider vinegar toner
Toners are essential skincare tools for cleansing and tightening the skin and protecting it from bacteria and other impurities. Because apple cider vinegar is an astringent, it works well as a toner when it’s applied to the skin.
To put together an apple cider vinegar toner, combine one part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts purified water. Once you’ve washed your face to cleanse your skin, apply this mixture to your face with a cotton pad or ball. You can also use a spray bottle to evenly spray the mixture onto your skin.
Create an apple cider vinegar spot treatment
The simplest way to eliminate blemishes as soon as they appear is with a DIY spot treatment.
Whip up your own apple cider vinegar spot treatment by simply dabbing a small amount of the pure vinegar onto the blemish with a soaked cotton ball. The antibacterial properties of the vinegar should help prevent your pimples from fully forming.
- Silicone bristles - Excellent attachment on our natural face wash for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Gives your face a deeper pore cleaning to exfoliate and wash away dirt & excess oil. Helps tighten open pores to increase skin protection.
- Acne and blackhead defense - Our hydrating WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Face Wash is able to reduce and control acne breakouts without overdrying your skin. Control acne using natural ingredients to ensure a safe prevention routine for men, women, and teen.
- Great for sensitive skin - Use our gentle, mild face wash to leave your skin feeling nourished & renewed. Take a pass on stinging, irritant cleansers and invest in an excellent skin care routine that brings lighter, brighter-looking skin for years.
- Vitamins and nutrients - Cleanse, heal, hydrate, and helps repair damaged skin, cracks and blemishes with the vital nutrients from apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, and vitamins B5 & E. Foaming facial cleanser that helps your skin retain moisture easily.
- WOW Skin Science Activated Charcoal Foaming Face Wash with Built-In Face Brush helps to refresh and revive tired, aging skin. It clears away dirt and pollutants from the skin and helps to improve skin texture and appearance. Gives your skin a soft, velvety feel.
- An advanced skin-brightening and purifying foaming face wash with activated charcoal, tea tree oil, aloe vera extract and vitamins B5 and E. It is an anti-pollution, deep cleansing face wash that supports acne-prone skin and revives tired, aging skin. Helps to keep acne in check and balance excess sebum production.
- Activated charcoal in the face wash helps to draw out impurities from the skin by attaching to itself to the chemical micro-particles on the skin surface and the pores and clears them out. It leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean and gives it a dewy softness. ●Tea tree oil clarifies skin and helps to repair damage to the skin and revives tired looking skin. Helps to soothe acne-prone, irritated skin.
- This foaming face wash comes with a built-in face brush made with soft silicon that gently exfoliates your skin and removes skin-dulling layer of dead skin. It deeply cleanses your skin, and gives it smooth, fresh glow. It is highly refreshing to use after a tiring day, when your skin feels greasy and grimy
- ULTIMATE SKIN CARE: Pair the face wash with brush & face mist spray to give your skin a deep pore cleanse that truly washes away excess dirt and oil, while providing it with long-lasting hydration to prevent cracked skin & dryness. Easily remove make up.
- CLEAN, QUICK & CONVENIENT: Face Wash has a soft bristle brush attachment for you to truly exfoliate your skin to reduce oil from your pores, allowing them to shrink and prevent outside dirt & acne breakouts. Give your skin the gift of a gentle massage.
- MOISTURIZING SPRAY: Use a facial spray to hydrate and soothe your skin after a deep facial pore cleanse. This will allow your skin to retain moisture more easily, helping it stay soft & smooth throughout the day. Use set regularly to help even skin tone.
- HOW TO USE: Pump 2 - 3 times and massage foam onto face using brush in a circular motion. Avoid contact with eyes. Massage for 1 - 2 minutes before washing away. Pat dry and apply face mist spray to give you beautiful, radiant skin that lasts all day.
- ✔ THE PREMIUM APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CAPSULES – Nutrivein ACV is packed with record breaking 1600mg of ALL NATURAL Vegan Friendly Apple Cider Vinegar with mother per serving. Our brand boasts the highest leading potency of ACV found on the market today. Our apple cider vinegar pills are formulated to promote healthy lifestyle changes and health benefits such as, circulation, balanced PH levels, healthy digestion and much more.
- ✔ HELPS TO SUPPORT DIET, CLEANSER, DIGESTION & DETOX - Apple Cider Vinegar is a great way to cleanse your body and to help ward off unhealthy impurities you may encounter. Known to support healthy lifestyle changes, apple cider vinegar promotes healthy digestion and with its cleansing properties, it flushes out impurities found in the body. Our Apple Cider Vinegar capsules strives to help keep the intestines clean so you can live healthy.
- ✔ TASTELESS AND EASY-TO-SWALLOW DOSE - With our whooping twice daily 750mg dose (1600mg total) you'll get the help you need without having to swallow a huge pill. Our size 00 capsules are vegan/vegetarian friendly and soft easy-to-swallow capsules. No more struggles of bearing the burden of drinking unpleasant liquid apple cider vinegar. You will be able to reap all the benefits stress free and in the form of tiny capsules. Our ACV supplement is Manufactured in the USA.
- ✔ HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – Nutrivein formulates only the finest and quality formula that will convince you that you are getting the best Apple Cider Vinegar on the market today. Our formula contains No GMO’s, preservatives, stearates, artificial ingredients, binders, dioxides, lactose. Health is our number one priority.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is generally considered suitable for all skin types, but if you’re using an apple cider vinegar product, make sure to patch test it on your skin beforehand.
Some components of apple cider vinegar can occasionally cause irritation and skin dryness, and studies have found that the acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar can cause chemical burns. If you’re worried about the potential side effects of apple cider vinegar, just dilute the liquid with water or coconut oil for a quick fix.
It’s simple to use apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for improving the health of the skin on your face, but if you’d rather not DIY your treatments, you can also buy commercial skincare products that contain apple cider vinegar as an active ingredient.
If not apple cider vinegar, a number of skincare products contain acetic acid, found in many kinds of vinegar, to control the pH balance of the product itself. There are plenty of cleansers, toners, and scrubs available for you to choose from.