Kidney stones are hard mineral and salt deposits that form inside the kidney. They can be painful to pass, but don’t normally cause any long-term damage.
Like snowflakes, no kidney stone is quite the same in size and shape. Some may only be a fraction of an inch, while others might grow to several inches in diameter. In rare cases, kidney stones can grow to such a size that they take up the whole kidney.
Why do we get kidney stones?
Kidney stones form when too many crystal-forming substances, like calcium and uric acid, are accumulated in your urine. These crystals are usually diluted, but in excess, they can gather together and form a crystal mass, known as a kidney stone.
You can avoid kidney stones by staying hydrated, eating less sodium, and eating more calcium rich foods. But if you have a kidney stone and need to know how to dissolve it naturally, this video will explain everything you need to know.
Dissolving a kidney stone
Unfortunately, the reality of a kidney stone is that it has to come out of your body one way or another. When a kidney stone is in its hardened form, it’s incredibly painful to pass – in fact, many people are in agreement that kidney stones produce some of the worst pain a human can feel.It’s unsurprising that you might want to know how to break down a kidney stone to make it easier to get out of your system. Stay tuned for the best home remedies to quickly dissolve kidney stones:
1. Water with a squeeze of lemon
First thing’s first, you need to stay as hydrated as possible. Drinking plenty of water can help your kidney stone to pass out of your system at a faster rate.
2. Basil juice
You might be more used to basil as a pizza topping, but it can also be used in larger quantities as a juice to relieve painful symptoms of kidney stones. Basil is packed with something called acetic acid, which helps to break down the kidney stones and reduce discomfort. It’s also full of nutrients, which is always an added bonus.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known and loved for its health properties, and of course, it’s also proven effective in dissolving kidney stones. This is because it contains acetic acid, which can help flush out the kidneys and ease the pain caused by kidney stones.
Just two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day is thought to work wonders.
4. Celery juice
Here’s a way to stay hydrated and naturally dissolve your kidney stones: with celery juice. It might not be the most exciting beverage around, but celery juice is particularly effective in clearing away toxins that contribute to kidney stone formation, as well as flushing your system, helping you to pass a kidney stone quicker.
5. Kidney bean broth
What do you usually do with the broth from cooked kidney beans? Unless you’re making a soup, you probably pour it down the drain – but don’t be so quick to do so if you’re suffering with kidney stones.
Ironically, given their name, the liquid used to cook kidney beans has been used for hundreds of years as a tonic for flushing out and dissolving kidney stones.
- GET 24/7 KIDNEY & GALLBLADDER SUPPORT: Stone Breaker is formulated to help detox, flush and cleanse the impurities and acidic buildup that can impact the kidney, gallbladder and urinary system
- KINDEY CLEANSE DETOX & REPAIR: You can have the confidence that each Chanca Piedra Stone Breaker capsule has the strength and potency that you are looking for in a gallbladder support & kidney cleanse product
- SUPER INGREDIENTS!: Chanca Piedra and Celery Seed Extract provide you with the best power to promote urinary tract health and cleanliness
- EASY TO SWALLOW: 100% vegetarian, easy-to-swallow soft Chanca Piedra capsules, completely free of fillers, binders, and artificial ingredients. No gluten, wheat, or dairy. And of course, never tested on animals. Just a pure and tested product
- Grown in Peru and manufactured in the USA
- Vegan, GMP, NON-GMO, Gluten Free
- Millions of Americans suffer from kidney stone or gallstone problems luckily nature has a remedy to help
- Chanca Piedra has been used by the indigenous peoples of the Amazon for treatment and removal of kidney stones and gallstones
- MINIMIZE DISCOMFORT - Experience swift relief from discomfort due to kidney stones to help get your life back
- PASS KIDNEY STONES FAST - Active ingredients work together to increase urine flow and reduce inflammation to help increase the speed of stone passage
- DESTROY WEAK STONES - Effectively breaks down weak density kidney stones to allow for easier stone passage
- ZERO SIDE EFFECTS - Skip the nasty side effects of prescription medications for a clinically researched natural alternative that’s safe, effective, and made in the USA at a cGMP facility
- 99% Reduction in the Rate of Calcium Oxalate Stone Growth**
- Five Times (5X) More Powerful than Chanca Piedra 5:1 Extract ( a.k.a. Stone Breaker). Scientifically documented tests performed by Dr. James Murray, Dept of Chemistry, Immaculata College; February 2018. Study available upon request.
- Recommended by Medical Doctor Trained in Urology
- Innovative Formulation Awarded Five (5) U. S. Patents***
6. Pomegranate juice
You’re probably starting to see a bit of a trend now – and here’s another liquid-based remedy that’s said to work favourably for people dealing with kidney stone issues: pomegranate juice. The pinky-red concoction is a bit of a miracle worker, because not only will it flush stones and other toxins from your system, it’s also packed with antioxidants, which help keep the kidneys healthy and should prevent kidney stones from developing.
7. Citrus fruits
We’ve already mentioned adding lemon juice to your water, but citrus fruits in general are all incredibly powerful in dissolving kidney stones. The compound hydroxycitrate, found in oranges, lemons, limes and other citrus fruit, has been found in studies to inhibit the growth of fledgling stones, as well as dissolving them.
8. Dandelion root
Organic dandelion root helps to cleanse the kidneys and support normal kidney functioning. It also acts as a kidney tonic that stimulates the production of bile, which helps to eliminate waste, increase urine output, and improve digestion. You can add dandelion root to hot water to make a tea, or take it in supplement form.
Kidney stones can cause unbearable pain, and taking steps to ensure you pass them as quickly and painlessly as possible is essential. Kidney stones generally take up to two days to pass, but you can speed up the process by following the advice in this video.
If you’ve never had kidney stones before, visit your doctor to get an official diagnosis. You want to make sure the pain you’re feeling is down to kidney stones and not another underlying cause.